Boulder Amplifiers 2100 Series
2108 preamplificador de fono
• Multiple Equalization Curves. In addition to the standard RIAA EQ curve, the 2108 features three additional curves selectable via a front panel button: FFRR, Columbia, and EMI. These equalization curves enable correct and accurate playback of LP records made prior to 1954. An option on the 2008, these EQ curves are now included as standard on the 2108.
• Dual Chassis Design. All audio electronics and control functions are contained within a machined aluminum chassis and all power supply and standby circuitry is housed in separate casework to isolate noise and prevent noise or hum from the power supply from interfering with sensitive high-gain audio circuitry.
• +10 dB Greater Gain for MC Cartridges. The reduction of the noise floor of the 2108 has allowed for an increase in gain for low output moving coil cartridges without an increase in the noise floor. The net result is substantially improved low-level resolution and dynamic or transient response.
• 995 Gain Stage. The 2108 uses Boulder’s own 995 gain stage, a modular, discretely implemented, initial gain stage for significantly reduced distortion and noise. This reduction results in substantial improvements in clarity and low-level information recovery. All 995 circuitry is potted in a proprietary epoxy resin for consistent thermal stability and increased reliability and then mounted in a precision-machined aluminum housing.
• MC Cartridge Demagnetizer Pass-through. A pair of RCA connections is included on the rear panel to allow the use of an external cartridge demagnetizer for certain MC cartridges.
• Fully Balanced, Dual Mono Construction. Inputs and outputs are high quality, full-balanced 3- pin XLR connections and all audio circuitry is executed in a dual-mono configuration for increased isolation of the left and right channels.
• Three Inputs and Two Outputs. Three inputs per channel are available for connecting multiple turntables or tonearms, each with customizable “Personality Cards” which can be tailored to meet the resistive and capacitive loading needs of specific phono cartridges. Dual outputs are included to feed both a main listening system and/or a recording system.
• Quiet Logic System for Switching and Controls. All functions and controls are actuated with a logic system to eliminate any internally radiated noise, such as that from a microprocessor.
• All Cartridge Loading and Gain Settings are Performed on Boulder’s Input Personality Cards. All cartridge loading is handled by a single high-precision resistor instead of any type of switched or remote controlled loading system. The tiny analog phono signal is never run through any sort of switch or relay or multiple solder connections that would significantly increase loss and distortion.
• Additional Features: Other features include a selectable low cut filter with high-pass cut off points of 10 Hz, 20 Hz, or Out, selectable true mono mode for monaural recordings played on a stereo cartridge, and extensive damping and shielding for each of the main power transformers to eliminate hum pickup in the audio stages or audible chassis buzz.